Monday, January 21, 2008

Slacker

I know, I know. I made a god damned resolution to blog more, and I spend two weeks with barely a peep. I wholeheartedly apologize, and to make up for it, here's a whole mess of recap for the last two weeks.

In Fearless Leader news, Wil recently made a set of five announcements (out of four, collect them all, bad math not included) with varying bits of awesome, including another story for the Star Trek Manga series, bringing Wesley Crusher (who was awesome, fuck the haters) back to life for Star Trek: The Tour, and an upcoming appearance at Phoenix ComicCon. For the Monkeys who read this stupid little blog, you already know all of this. For those who don't, go check out what Wil's got going on. It ain't just Trek we're all geeking out about over there...

Apparently, it's Kansas 2: Electric Boogaloo in Texas, as a fundie-riddled school board is set to take over, thereby ruining the education of thousands of Texas' children. Instead of being taught the rational, sane practice of Science, they'll be taught that Dinosaurs and Man walked together, that the Earth was created in seven literal days, and all kinds of other Mother Goose horse shit. Way to go, Texas. Grouse in the Fark Thread if you'd like...

I've tried (not very heard, it's actually pretty easy) to resist commenting on the Train Wreck bullshit that is Britney Spears and her younger, unwed teenage mother-to-be sister Jamie Lynn. The Lost Prophyt blog is above such superficial, useless celebrity bullshit, and for people to be so enthralled with this crap is just a sad, sad commentary on the state of American (and even World) society. Why the hell do people hang on every moment of this crap? More importantly, who the fuck cares?!?

That being said, what could my comment possibly be? Well, it's a sick, sorry world we live in when Kevin Fucking Federline is a better parent than somebody and actually wins full custody of two kids. That is all.

Sadly, tonight, one of the greatest cartoons of the modern animation era is coming to an end. At 7pm, Cartoon Network will broadcast the final episode of Codename: Kids Next Door. I remember when this series won the Big Pick Weekend, and saw the premiere of the original short, "No P.in the OOL" Originally, KND were to be side characters in another Tom Warburton show, Kenny and the Chimp. While one K/C short has been run on Cartoon Network (along with the original KND short and the first KND "episode"), the only thing left of it is Professor XXXL. I guess you just can't let a good Frank Welker character go, can you...

Anyway, there's a 12 hour marathon on right now, so catch it while it's hot.

On the homefront, it looks like I might be going back to work for Aftershock Entertainment, which will be cool. I'll be doing alot more than I did last time, and making a bit more money at it as well. Won't that be nice, eh? Just means I'll be an even busier boy than I am now, but oh well. Gotta make those ends...

My Empire is growing...

I've been beating my brain to death trying to win the single player, multi-AI campaign in FreeCiv. From what I hear, the online servers are full of smallpox, so the home version is all I can do. And for some fucking reason, I can't seem to get that right at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment