Thursday, January 03, 2008

90% Chance of FAIL

New Years Resolutions.

The lists that people come up with, filled with changes they'd like to make about themselves and their lives. Lists that are quickly forgotten in the return to normal following the holiday euphoria, and thus are rarely ever followed.

Yeah, I have a few of those myself, but I think I might be able to keep some of them. Here's just a few:

  1. Blog more. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Right. Plenty for me to talk about...
  2. Get the band started. Fred, Andy and I spent all of 2007 talking, but not doing, anything about it. With the holidays out of the way, we can finally focus on breaking out the four track and trying our hands at songwriting in genres other than what we're used to.
  3. Drink less caffine. No problem. Stomach ulcer says that's how it has to be, and I don't like that kind of pain, so goodbye sodas and energy drinks.
  4. Cut back on smoking. Notice, I didn't say quit. I have noticed, however, that I'm starting to smoke more than the usual pack a day, so I've decided to try and cut back some. Probably one I'll fail at, but it's worth a shot.
  5. Make it to Tom and Gina's wedding. Florida, June 7th, and I've got to figure out a way to get us all down there, housed, and back. Should prove to be a fun logistical challenge.
So, how about all of you? What were your resolutions? Come on, don't be shy, there's a whole comment box for you to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment