Wednesday, October 24, 2007

T Minus

12 days to go...

Wow. 30. Took bloody forever to get here. Honestly, didn't think I'd make it this far, especially given the last few years of my life. But here I am, none-the-less: The "Big Three-Oh," some call it. In the end, when Monday, November 5th 2007 gives way to Tuesday, November 6th, the day will have been pretty much like any other, with a few exceptions.

I wanna talk Justin into having a Guy Fawkes bonfire if we can get away with it, as well as firing up the system and just having a blast until we decide we've had enough. I'm not looking for a huge party, just something I haven't done before to mark the occasion somewhat quietly.

Well, if you know me, then you know that taking over the Avenue and burning stuff in the backyard is about as quiet as it gets. Heh.

Since I can't drink with the rest of the gang, you might think my night would be spoiled. Not so, really. The recent revelation of a possible stomach ulcer has me drinking water like never before, and I'd rather not experience the pain that sent me to the Mt. Nittany ER at the beginning of the month again. I was never much of a drinker to begin with, so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to find it, but can't, so a direct cite won't be possible. But I remembered a few years ago, when Wil wrote about turning 30 himself (closest post I could find was this one); He said something to the effect that turning 30 is "taking what you learned the first 30 years and putting all into practical use."

For the next 12 days, I'll be trying to do just that: Figure out what lessons I've learned (which means revisiting the hard ones, joy), and then figuring out what the hell I can do to put it all to practical use.

That should be fun indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment