Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nuts

I know, it's been a quiet week for me, especially yesterday, when (for like the third time in a row) I missed Caturday and will have to make up for it. All told, it's been a slow week here in Prophyt Land.

I was extremely pleased to see Jericho make a return to TV this week. It's a great show, probably the first "Big Network" show I've watched in quite a long time. CBS was wrong to cancel such a killer show, and now that it's back, myself and alot of my friends are quite chipper. As of now, there are 7 episodes in the can, with one aired. Whether or not Jericho will survive after this truncated run remains to be seen, but if CBS is smart, they'll extend it for at least a season or two more.

Last time they tried to fuck with it, CBS ended up with 20+ tons of nuts on their doorstep.

One of the main reasons I haven't been posting is bandwidth clogging. When I'm running particular apps, they tend to suck up most of the available bandwidth, leaving my browsing (even with my beloved Firefox) to suffer some serious lag time. Took me five minutes to load a page from Boston.com this morning, for example.

Another problem has been my as-of-late poor health. Angel, Teddy and I have pretty much been circulating colds and other ailments amongst ourselves for the past two or three weeks, and it hasn't been fun. At first, my sinuses refused passage to anything, thereby making breathing a fun new Olympic sport. Then they dried up, albeit too much, and it felt like I was breathing through a steel tube for a while. Since then, I've been in "hacking up fun gelatinous gunk" mode, coughing up phlegm every so often.

At least I'm not alone, though, because Wil's been sick, too. He's had it much worse, though, requiring surgery to clear up his sinus troubles. Get well soon, Fearless Leader!

I'll make up for lost Caturday time later today, after I get a good chunk of my other stuff taken care of. One of these days, I'll get a blogging schedule happening. But for now, chaos is the order of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment