Sunday, November 04, 2007

RIP Moolah

Wrestling has lost another Legend. Lillian Ellison, known to pretty much anyone who even knows what professional wrestling is as The Fabulous Moolah, passed away two days ago. She was 84. Fark thread Here.

When I first got into Wrestling, Hulkamania was just starting to run wild, and my Sunday Mornings would come to an end with a roast beef lunch on my plate and All-American Wrestling on my TV. At the time, Moolah was a heel, and I wasn't "in" on wrestling like I am now, so I didn't pay her much mind.

As I learned about the business, Moolah got more than just a passing glance. Her legendary status in the women's division was apparent, and her bits with Mae Young in her later years cemented her popularity for all time.

My thoughts are with the Ellison family. We'll miss you, Fabulous One!

No comments:

Post a Comment