Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Waiting Game

For well over a year now, I've been basically sitting on my ass, waiting for things to happen. And this isn't really my choice, either. It's a situation I've more or less placed myself in, and as a result, I don't have much room to maneuver. Which sucks, because I really want to just get things moving. I want to get as far away from Central PA as I can, as soon as I can. I figure, once I'm away from this place, I'll be able to breathe a little easier.

I should be getting a new hard drive sometime in the near future, which is VERY good. For too long, I've been limited to around 30 gigs of space, and most of that is earmarked. I've managed to burn some stuff onto CD for now, but I'd like to keep all my data on-drive so I can access it quickly. I'm hoping I can score bigger than 200 gig (I saw one 300 gig drive online for cheap), then I won't really have to much worry about space for quite a while.

Once it's here, the fun can begin! My current main drive will remain my main drive, but will be an all-Winblowz drive. I haven't decided if I'm gonna go with 98 still, or try to run XP. At 450mhz, things won't run very nicely under XP, I'm sure. Maybe I'll try Win2K. Who knows. Anywho, the 20 gig drive, which is used for storage at the moment, will be sectioned off into four 4.5 gig partitions, each of which will have a different flavor of Linux on it.

Mandrake will be there for sure, and I'm thinking of trying out Fedora Core as well. Debian sounds like a sound third choice, but I'm not too sure on the fourth. Maybe an on-drive install of Knoppix, maybe SuSE. Or maybe I'll totally weird out and put a completely different OS on there alltogether, like QNX or a BSD. That'd be interesting, wouldn't it?

So many options. I'd best get to downloading and burning all this crap, eh? Right...

No comments:

Post a Comment