Thursday, January 31, 2008

'Cause My Head Is Like A Sieve

Let the chorus echo throughout all of mankind, because it's been said countless times by countless people over countless thousands of years of human civilization.

I fucking hate being sick.

For the past two or three days, my sinuses have been playing a sick joke on me. On the left side, it's like the Anduin was flowing from my brain. But on the right side, Arakkis, dry as a bone, but minus the worms and spice. Today is no better, either, because now both sides want to take turns doing each thing.

Human existence has its fun moments, doesn't it? Moments where life is so unbelievably uncomfortable that you have no choice but to stop, look at it, and chuckle a bit. The very sadness of the situation makes it quite humorous in itself.

And I noticed that. What does that say for me?

Today, I'm winning the battle with the furnace, without interference for once. When I came in this morning, the thing was on its last legs due to early morning neglect, so I basically had to start from scratch. 30 minutes later, though, I once again had hell and damnation going great guns, and it wasn't long after that that the coal piled on and began to cook quite nicely. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the coal we're using now is better quality, no-sir-ee-bob...

Kudos to Derreck on his recent stroke of good Karma. After what he's been through lately, he deserves a good upturn. Now, if only I could get an upturn of my own. Anyway, go read his blog, and leave comments. It might encourage him to write a bit more...

Apparently Lawyer Mama either glanced over my name-check yesterday on WWdN:IX and contained her jealously, or she totally missed it. Either way, she became the newest commenter here at my stupid blog. Two comments in a month isn't too bad for me, really, given the rarity that any show up at all. I know you're all out there reading, and I want you to know that it's OK to talk back if you'd like ^,^

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Internets...

No comments:

Post a Comment