Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ghosts of Christmas Past

I'd say you have no idea how frustrating it is, but alot of you probably do.

I'm working on the ultimate Christmas gift for a good friend of mine, but it's taking a mind-bashingly long time to finish up. In all, there are seven parts to this gift. I already have three parts, and I'm working on 4, 5 and 6 as we speak. These parts are the biggest, so they'll take the longest time and most effort to put together. Part 7 will be much simpler, I think, or at least hope.

One of life's little philosophies goes "It's the journey, not the destination." Well, in this case, the destination is WAY more enticing than the road there. The journey, to sum things up, is basically just watching little blocks. Yep. I've been sitting here, and will continue to sit here, watching little blocks for weeks on end. Why?

Because it's worth it. The destination of this little blocky roadtrip is to see the look on my friend's face when I hand him this present. It's the end-all-beat-all, complete, whole nine yards, kit-and-kaboodle, no doubt about it epitome of one of his all-time most favorite things. It'll be worth the "OH MY GOD" that he's sure to scream when he plugs it in and see's what's where.

But until then, blocks. Endless rows of blocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment