Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Morning, Iran

Interesting dot popped up on my ClusterMap last week: A hit from Tehran, Iran.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, Iran is one of those nutty Islamic societies that likes to denounce America as a whole for the policies of the few in charge? Aren't these the people that demonize us as the "Great Satan" and want to destroy us all?

What the hell are they doing reading my blog, then?

Is it because I'm openly against the current United States Government? It's no big secret that I have no love for Bush, Cheney, and their cronies. But for the most part, I shoot my mouth off about civil rights violations and the illegality of both the War and their means of interrogation (Waterboarding IS torture, no two ways around it). Would that attract Iranians to me?

Can't be my stance on equality of the sexes. I see women as no less human than men, and they see women as property, to be kept under what amounts to a big black trash bag. That can't be it.

Can't be my love of my freedom (what's left of my freedom anyway, thanks Washington). I'm all about being free to do what the hell I want, when the hell I want. They're all about tight societal controls, making people go to mosques to pray, and giving outrageous prison terms (and sadly, alot of death sentences) for infractions that would barely rate a ticket and a slap on the wrist here.

I'm forward-thinking. Iran is backward-thinking.

I'm Atheist. They're Islamic.

The only thing we have in common, really, is stupid leaders: We have George W. Bush, they have I'm A Dinner Job. Yeah, I don't feel like looking up his name, not worth the effort to give that nutball anymore free press.

So, Tehran, what brings one (or more) of your citizenry to read this blog? I'm seriously curious as to why. Am I an inspiration for an uprising? Am I just a source for insight on the minds of regular Americans? Do I amuse you somehow? The hits in Afghanistan and Iraq are easily explained by the presence of US Soldiers. But Iran?

If there's a US agent there, not smart, chief.

If my Tehran reader(s) comes back, please, drop me a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment