Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Fitty

Is it a milestone? A landmark? A reason to party? Or is it just me making something out to be more than it really is? Probably a little bit of all of them, but mostly the latter.

This is the LP Blog's 250th post! And there was much rejoicing (yay).

It's also the 50th post for this year to date. Party reason? Not so much.

I wish I had something nifty to talk about, but given the fact that I'm in the hurt locker and hopped up on meds, posting something intellectually stimulating isn't quite in the cards.

I also wish I had the motivation to move all the blog entries from Rancho Relaxo, but that's going to be a daunting task. You see, when I was doing Rancho Relaxo, I was doing all of the HTML myself. I didn't have the automation present here on Blogger, so each individual page had to be coded by hand.

Well, OK, not by hand, I used Dreamweaver.

But still, it was a pain in the ass to create all these pages, and since Tripod, as a host, didn't offer up much along the lines of services and options to help me automate the process, it became too much work. You all now I love to spout off and type some fairly long entries, and having to edit three and four pages at a time just for one blog post was just too much.

Converting them over would be a similar pain in the patoot. So, I'll leave the decision up to all of you: Should I make the effort to repost old Ranch entries? Would you be interested in reading what the heck was going on in my mind before the LP blog came into existance? If so, drop me some comments. If the response is OK, then I'll consider either making them all back-logged entries or posting them in new ones as a sort of "Looking Back" feature.

I've also noticed that I haven't done any game reviews in quite a while. Maybe I should get back into that, too.

Either way, happy 250th post to me and my stupid little blog! Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go fall over on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment